RTA offers multiple types of discounted fares for riders who qualify. These fall into the following categories:
|Half-Priced||Half the regular fare for Seniors (65-79), Disabled, Medicare Card Holders, and Students (K-12). Student discount applies to RTA and Paso Express only and Student Discount does not apply on SCT routes.|
|Free Fare||VIP Seniors who are 80+ years of age ride for free on all SLO County fixed routes.
Children 44″ and smaller ride free when traveling with a regular-fare adult.
ADA eligible passengers: Present your Certificate of Eligibility or your ADA Paratransit Service ID card. Care attendants and companions must pay full fare. Please be prepared to show your ID or other information to the driver if requested.
Fill out this form if:
- You are 80 years of age or older (get a free VIP Pass)
- You are between 65 and 79 years of age (get the senior discount)
- You are applying for the disabled discount and have any of the following:
- A Documented VA Claim Number (on a card or a letter on VA letterhead)
- A valid DMV Placard or Registration Number
- A Medicare card
- A Social Security Administration SSI letter
- An ADA Card
- A Braille Institute Card
- Another transit agency’s disability card
- Proof of disability for the Department of Rehabilitation
Fill out this form for the disabled discount only if you DO NOT have any of the above forms of verification or if you require traveling with an attendant. The top portion of this form should be filled out by the applicant. The bottom half of this form should be filled out and signed by a Medical Practitioner.Medical Certification Form