- All vehicles are wheelchair lift equipped. Mobility aids (walkers, canes, crutches), groceries and packages will be accommodated on the vehicle if possible.
- Courteous drivers will assist passengers with door-to-door service to the Runabout. However, the drivers cannot lift passengers or enter their residences. Runabout offers service to ADA certified passengers only.
Information and Reservations
Reservations can be made between 8 am – 5 pm, 7 days a week. Reservations can only be made up to 7 days in advance. For reservations and information, please call (805) 541–2544.
ADA fares are double the regular one-way fixed route bus fare for the same trip distance (between $2.50 and $11.00 each way depending on travel distance). Checks will be accepted for a minimum of $15 and maximum of $60.
View Runabout Fares here
Cancellation of your Runabout reservation needs to be made as soon as possible. You are able to cancel 24 hours a day by leaving a message on our Runabout line.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 provides protection for persons with disabilities in a number of areas, such as employment, public accommodations and transportation. The transportation elements of the ADA directed transit agencies to make their fixed route service fully accessible, while requiring transit agencies to also provide complementary paratransit service to individuals who are unable to use accessible fixed route service. Specifically, complementary paratransit service must be provided within ¾ miles of fixed routes during the same days and hours.
The ADA permits trip schedulers to negotiate travel times one hour on either side of the requested time. RTA’s Runabout service is the complementary paratransit provider for all fixed route services in San Luis Obispo County.
ADA Paratransit service is provided in accordance with the following Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 criteria:
- Rider is certified and their trip is eligible to receive ADA Paratransit service.
- Pickup and drop-off points are within 3/4 mile of regular bus route(s).
- Trip times are comparable with regular bus service.
- To obtain an application or for specific answers about the application process, please call (805) 781–4833.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the Runabout FAQ for more info.
Questions? Contact Runabout at (805) 541–2544