South County Transit (SCT) is the transit system serving the Five Cities / South San Luis Obispo County area. It operates three daily (Monday-Sunday) fixed routes (21,24 & 27), one weekday/Monday-Friday route (28), as well as the Monday–Friday ‘tripper’ on routes 27 & 28 that serves the Arroyo Grande High School campus during the academic year. SCT partners with RTA to offer Runabout service for qualified riders with transportation related disabilities. SCT also operates the free Avila Beach Trolley that operates in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
SCT routes include:
- Route 21: Five Cities Loop Clockwise
- Route 24: Five Cities Loop Counterclockwise
- Route 27: Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, AG High Tripper, Oceano: Clockwise
- Route 28: Grover Beach, Oceano, Arroyo Grande, AG High Tripper: Counterclockwise
- Avila Beach Trolley: Pismo Outlets to Avila Pier loop
SCT is administered by RTA but has it’s own SCT Board of Directors who meet quarterly.